Parent/Carer Consultation Service
The City of Wolverhampton Council’s Educational Psychology Service is offering a free remote consultation service to parents/carers living in Wolverhampton, and also to parents/carers of children or young people in the care of Wolverhampton Local Authority.
The aims of our service are that parents/carers:
- will feel an improved sense of well-being/will feel better after the consultation;
- will feel listened to and that the Psychologist has worked hard to understand their concern(s);
- will feel better able to cope with the concern(s);
- may view the issue(s) in a different way and will work with the Psychologist to identify different possibilities and solutions;
- may be provided with any useful resources to support them in dealing with the issue(s);
- may be signposted to other agencies to support them with the concern(s) at this time.
Parents/carers will be contacted remotely by your preferred method of communication and offered an initial consultation of up to 30 minutes with a member of our Educational Psychology Service. This could include Educational Psychologists, Trainee Educational Psychologists or Assistant Psychologists. You may also be offered a review consultation at a later date, mutually agreed by you and the Psychologist, as a way of monitoring progress.
Areas you may wish to discuss or explore with us could include:
- How can I promote emotional wellbeing and positive mental health for me and my family;
- How do I support my child’s learning, social and emotional needs at home;
- How do I support my child who is anxious or worried;
- How do I promote positive behaviour in the home context;
- How can I support positive relationships in my family;
- What can I do as a parent/carer to support my child or young person through transitions;
- Advice about Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Please note that this is a distinct offer for parents/carers and is not an extension of our work in schools.
If you still feel that you would like to speak to a member of the Educational Psychology Service after reviewing the resources on our website, please complete the online request form below.
We aim to respond to consultation requests as quickly as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience if we are not able to contact you as quickly as we would like due to demand.
Request for consultation support from the Educational Psychology Service